Sunday, February 10, 2013

Micci's Weekly KPOP Ranking~ [Ep 1: Jan 1-6]






Micci's Weekly KPop Ranking
Episode 1
Week 1: Jan 1-6, 2013
(Video Posted: Jan 17, 2013)

Happy New Years! I know we’re already 3 weeks into the New Year but whatever. I decided to make these K-Pop rankings based of my own personal preference every Sunday starting this week. As the number or international fans grow along with the rookie groups that are appearing like mushrooms, many artists are bound to be left out and never thought about. This is my way of reaching out to the international K-Pop community to be introduced to other artists and songs!

The rankings are based off my own personal preference. Not all us may agree with each other but that’s ok, because not everyone is the same. I will only include songs that are currently being promoted. Also, I will only talk about the top 10, but the full list actually has 20 spots and can be found below in the description. I may also add on extra songs to the videos that are being promoted over-seas if I feel they would have ranked in the top 10 on my chart had they been promoted in Korea. I will list below any other songs promoted over-seas if they were to have ranked in the top 20.

So without further ado, I will give you my chart rankings from the 1st week of January. Note that no one can move up or down because it’s the first ranking ever for my channel.


10th place goes to Girls’ Generation’s long awaited comeback song, I Got A Boy.
This is placed at 10th because the song is just weird. Now don't get me wrong, I don't HATE the song, it's just that it sounds like so many songs mixed into one. The biggest reason it’s placed this low is because, unless it’s on the music programs, it gives me a headache and I can’t listen to it more than once. Sometimes I can’t even finish the song. I want to like it more because it all sounds cool but it’s really just all over the place and too much for me to handle.
Girls' Generation (소녀시대) - "I Got A Boy" M/V

In 9th place I have the newest 2013 rookie group, Airplane and their song “So Pretty”.
This 3 member group captured by attention with their great vocals and rap. My only problem with them is they remind me a little too much of Phantom and their song sounds like a Bruno Mars song. Despite these things, I really like this group and this song has quickly already captured by heart because you really can’t ignore their vocal and rap talent.
Airplane (에어플레인) - "So Pretty (예쁘다)" M/V

8th on my chart is another Girls’ Generation song, Dancing Queen.
I like this song a lot and I think the m/v was very creative seeing how it was filmed in 2008 but they could only release it now, so they made it like a time warps. The song is cute and fun and makes you get up and start dancing. Personally I like this song a whole lot more than I Got A Boy.
Girls' Generation (소녀시대) - "Dancing Queen" M/V

In 7th I have 100% - A Guy Like Me.
I honestly really love 100%. I think this simple soft song which is so different from their debut song is really nice. It shows how much well-rounded talent they have.
100% (백퍼센트) - "Guy Like Me (나 같은 놈)" M/V

6th Place goes to LEDApple – Let The Wind Blow
I fell in love with this group last year. You can watch my reaction to “Run To You” which shows me falling in love with them. Even though I question the stylists for their wardrobe choice, the music video was super great. The message behind it, about how idols are being used like company puppets and have no freedom, is very deep. The song itself is very wonderful to listen to because it’s soft yet not that soft at all. Check it out if you haven’t!
LEDApple (레드애플) - "Let The Wind Blow (바람아 불어라)" M/V

In 5th place is Bigstar – I Got Ya.
I can’t actually explain how much I really love this song and how I feel all happy and bubbly when I hear it. Bigstar is so cute in the music video and when they perform it. It’s different from their previous songs, and it’s great to see that they can really pull off any image. Bigstar fighting!
BIGSTAR (빅스타) - "I Got The Feeling (느낌이와)" M/V

In 4th place comes Dal-Shabet.
Now I’m still forever confused about the title of this song because some places it says, “Hate, Don’t Hate” and others say “Have, Don’t Have”. Whatever the correct title is, this song is super quirky, fun and awesome. Both music videos are hilarious and the song just makes me wanna get up and dance with aegyo every time I hear it.
Dal-Shabet (달샤벳) - "Have, Don't Have (있기 없기)" M/Vs:
[있기 Version]
[없기 Version]

3rd place was incredibly hard to choose, but in the end I went with GLAM- I Like That.
This song, music video and dance is seriously super perfect. This is also the song that has made me become a dedicated fan of them for sure. I think Glam is seriously super underrated and now they one of my top favorite female groups. The song is super catchy with it’s hip hop style, yet it’s also cute too. I personally feel like THIS is the sound SM was trying to do for SNSD when they made I Got A Boy, but failed. The music video is very well made with it’s humor, hip hop dance, and cuteness. I hope this group will get recognized more from now on! They deserve it so much!
GLAM - "I Like That" M/V

Also very hard to choose was 2nd place. This week it belongs to C-Clown – Far Away… Young Love.
This song is super perfect with their voices and honestly I could listen to it forever over and over again. The song is on the slower side but it’s not fully a slow song. The music videos were also SO WELL MADE. The plot was very clear and the acting was so superb. They released like a million different versions of it, but in the end, they were all super good. This is another rookie group from 2012 that I feel was underrated, but it seems that with this promotion, their popularity is growing and I’m glad to see the Crown fandom growing.
C-Clown (씨클라운) - "Far Away... Young Love (멀어질까봐)" M/Vs:
[Drama Version]
[All-Member Drama Version]
[Dance Only Version]
                                                                                                                            
And finally- *drum roll* The first song for my first ever weekly chart rank goes to the TS Entertainment Duet, Sunhwa and Youngjae – Everything’s Pretty!
I am a HUGE Baby and Secrettime so you can image my feels when this song was released. I love this song so so SOOO much. It’s so lovely and happy and I always feel so bubbly and smiley when I hear it. I could also listen to this song over and over again. Their voices are both so sweet sounding and ah it’s really such a simple and sweet song.
Sunhwa & Youngjae (선화 & 영재) - "Everything's Pretty (다 예뻐)" M/V

That’s it for the first weekly KPop ranking! Remember the rest of the chart ranking is down below in the description! This week 1 and week 2’s rankings are the only ones that will not be posted on a Sunday. Tune in on Sunday for Week 3’s KPop ranking!

No comments:

Post a Comment